one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Monday, March 20, 2006

There has to be a better way

I can understand when the old timers want a warm body in a seat in the office next to them... But I find it a little disheartening when some power-hitters I know want this.

Whatever happened to the virtual office? Fact is, there's no off-the-shelf tool for making this happen reliably. But I'm thinking of a system that would make it like you were a god, and you merely waved your hand, and mystically the employee would appear.

Seriously, it's like a little hologram ala Star Trek or Star Wars, and in an instant, your minions could be called into action. Sounds neat, doesn't it? Well there's only one guy that I'd be willing to build it for, and it would require the talents of a certain hackaday crew...

And naturally, I'd have to go full time to make it "worth my while." Heh.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!