one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Monday, April 03, 2006

Counterpoint

So, while I'm a huge fan of the electronic commuter, there is something to be said for being physically proximate. Take, for instance, this quote from Meebo folk:
"All in all, the open floor plan rules! There's no better frictionless way to make sure everyone gets involved in solving problems and getting really good, creative ideas from the team. We're going to have to move in a few months. We'll definitely be looking for a few private offices and a conference room, but without doubt we're going to stick with the open floor plan. This time I think we'll take it a step further...no cubes...only open tabletops. Just gotta remember to turn my ringer down!"

That's definitely a factor. Cross-fertilization of ideas works best when you're able to toss them out in a physical space... I'm working on an electronic solution to this one!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!