one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another day, another site with invites-only participation

Lame lame lame lame lame lame lame. This will probably bar me from ever being able to comment on Lifehacker, but I just went over to comment on their Halloween post (which I found on Netscape, BTW), and gues what? They've been Voxed. Yep, now you have to be "invited" to comment. WTF? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of blog comments? I understand moderating, or some way of filtering the crap, but invites? They make the excuse that they don't want to spend their lives moderating comments on their FAQ, but I gotta call bullshit on that one. I mean, that is your damn job!... Well, that and creating great content, which Lifehacker certainly does.

Anyway, the post was about making a cool Haunted House, and I tried to submit that I'd posted something similar a year ago on Download Squad. Since DLS kinda competes, I highly doubt it'll make it to the comments...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!