one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

There's magic afoot!

I've been enjoying re-learning the magic I left behind so many years ago. I wish there had never been an interruption in my training, but since I was 99% self-taught (wait, maybe 100%) I eventually dropped it and pursued other things. The next high (college), the next lay, the next adrenaline rush, the next gadget, etc. I feel like I'm waaaay behind other magicians at this point.

I read bios of magicians who are semi-famous and they often say "been practicing since I was 8" and they have this huge library. Well, a few years ago I gave away nearly all my magic to a guy who has now either lost it, sold it or threw it away. He never learned any of the actual routines, or how to use those props. I don't think he's read any of the books, either. Which is a shame.

But c'est la vie. It's a motivator to work harder -- like overcoming some disability. Except mine was called "stupid." You're never too old to learn, and for that I'm thankful.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!