one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

People make mistakes?

Yeah, it happens. I'm not sure why evil intent is presumed, or people act like the sky is falling.

Once my wife worked at a restaurant, and they posted a sign: "We're serving food, not saving lives." If only everyone (except maybe doctors and lawyers) had that same mentality. I'm not saying quality shouldn't be important, and everyone needs standards, but when you make a mistake you learn from it and move on, not torch the place and shit all over everything.

But I'm not smart enough to know how better to express this. I'll leave it to the smarter fellas (and women) from generations gone by...

Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.
Phyllis Therous

A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake.
Confucius

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
Sophia Loren

If I had my life to live over... I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
Nadine Stair

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
Al Franken

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.
Confucius

I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge.
Igor Stravinsky

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
James Joyce

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
Mahatma Gandhi

Source: Best Quotes, Poems

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!