one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Monday, April 16, 2012

Techno-arrogance again

Years ago I chided 37signals when they made major changes to their API for Basecamp that broke apps which used it, and screwed up a great workflow I had been using. I told Jason Fried that it was a type of arrogance that does this without talking to devs who have added value to his company for no profit to themselves (outright).

So today I read about Google+ and the update that broke all of this guy's extensions... Same crap, different year. Read his comment below the article and you can see how this feels.

This irks me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!