one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The day the web came home

Dvorak stripping
I often play the role of disgruntled Mr. Consumerican on here. Part of that I derive from my "better half," who really is a very typical tech "user." By that I mean an average person who happens to interface with popular technology. She loves her Mac, but is frustrated when it runs IE 5 dog slow (Crossover X where are you?).

Anyway, I complain a lot. About every damn thing known to man. I started a Vox blog just to complain about stuff I'd like to keep private time-to-time. I guess I have the need to vent, plus, I have somewhat lowbrow expectations of customer service.

But the web companies of late have learned a thing or two about customer service. Amazon does a superb job. Yahoo called me back today, explaining we had indeed received our blue plate special credit thingy. I have to call another number to complain about hosting, but I won't bother. And somehow Jot came in from last place with a grand finish-- Jim wrote me back.

Yes, no doubt I was just another bitchy-ass, whiny, moaning, jerk customer. It's a terrible habit, like spitting while you smoke. I try to be nice, really, but dammit don't read from a script! Anyway, Jim was super, and said they monkeyed with the code and to see if things worked faster. They do. Home run. Thank you, Jim.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!