one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yahoo - the rip-off artists!

So we tried using "sponsored search" from Yahoo... there was an offer splashed all across their pages (and we use them for our llamapod site hosting and e-commerce engine, so you'd think we'd get some break there): $50 credit for signing up now! Oh, you gotta love those sales tactics. Hey, there's an offer code, what a great incentive!

Guess what? Went through the entire sign-up process... NO CODE! Nope, no place to enter the damn code. So I'm wondering what local BBB or state channels to file a complaint. I mean, WTF? This is Yahoo... they should be better than the old bait-and-switch tactic. For shame.

I'm not even going to mention how they completely screwed up our site on Monday. Nope. I won't detail how their mistake reset a setting we didn't even know existed, causing our page to disappear for hours, and how it took over an hour for some idiot to act like it was my fault... Nope, I'm not going to get into THAT little mess at all...

Really, it is a miracle anyone has a job. I'm convinced that only through the stupidity of those around us are any of us able to press on. Like fake nails.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!