one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Friday, December 10, 2010

It isn't that hard. But it is.

I half-remembered a wise saying about life and "just showing up" and some percentage. So I went to Google and uncovered an interview with Bill Gates' dad that I missed out on.

It's so true: Just show up for life. Why do so many people find this hard to do? Perhaps because of our incessant lack of perspective. I mean, it's hard to have perspective when you have bills to pay, you're stuck in traffic and you can't get that girl out of your head even though you're married with kids.

Life is complicated. People make excuses. Time passes.

In the end, all you have is what you showed up to do. Did you do it? Or did it do you?

Heavy. Also heavy: "Are we not men? We are emo!" I almost put that on Twitter. So there, Life.

PS -- I'm not emo. I am growing my hair long because I've always wanted to and now, by dammit, I have the means to do so.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!