one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Friday, May 13, 2011

NO REMOTES EVER!

I've been testing the Peel (after buying one and now left to put it on ebay) and UnityRemote. I'll save the full head-to-head for TUAW but let me just say this: how is it we're halfway through the year 2011 and we can't invent an awesome universal remote? I mean, I'm aware of how great Harmony remotes are, but I understand their software is buggy and terrible and prone to crashes.

Yet the iPhone makes SO much sense for a proper universal remote. The best thing I've seen thus far is Griffin's remote, hopefully coming out later this year. Both the Peel and UnityRemote have serious issues making them a less-than-ideal solution for everyone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!