one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs

Changed my life. Last night I got the news through an ex-girlfriend (and wonderful person) as I was busy preparing dinner for my current girlfriend. Just as Michelle pulled in the driveway I was opening my MacBook Air to command the troops (as they say -- I'm a pretty laid-back leader).

I think Steve would have appreciated the fact that I waited until today to mourn him. If John Gruber is right, Steve increasingly understood that life is about people, and those closest to you are what's really important. The big work is out there, and it should be done, but never at their expense.

And thus, I am changed again. Thanks, Steve.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!