one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hey user, you're a fucking idiot

It was nice of Agile to point me to this article on why my app.net username, email, password and ALL registration efforts failed (completely failed -- there was no record at all in 1PW) to be captured by 1Password.

Except none of what is on that article is applicable. Let's take these one at a time (because I totally have time for this bullshit).

1. Ask to save logins isn't checked. Nope. It is, and works fine for lots of sites except when it doesn't. Guess it's my fault.

2. 1Password will only save once per site. Nope, it always prompts on AOL logins no matter what, and I've seen it pop up on several other sites which are logged in 1PW. Guess it's my fault.

3. and 5. are about Flash. There's no Flash on this page. I have yet to detect Flash on any app.net pages. Guess it's my fault.

4. Maybe. It's possible there was something on the page... but Agile says it "works for them" which is the douchebag's call of... you guessed it... "GUESS IT'S YOUR FAULT."

Sigh.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!