one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Monday, March 04, 2013

No concept of time

I've been using Pomodoros to help focus my attention on a myriad of projects I'm working on and it's been working well so far. Unfortunately I'm still seeking a happy medium between my brain and my ability to focus...

A lot of the time I have to sort of smack myself when I reach for something else to distract myself from a task that should be completed within 20 minutes or so.

Then, today, I set a timer for 8 minutes to bake some food. It felt like a second. Another 2 minute timer felt about the same.

Short and much longer timeframes seem to baffle my monkey brain. Around 15 minutes, however, and LOOK SQUIRREL!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!