one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Why do I bother?

This has happened to me three times this year and I'm over it. Someone asks a question on Facebook, apparently unaware technologies like "Google" exist, and it happens to be something I know about. So I leave a comment with my knowledge. Can you guess what happens next? A cavalcade of morons show up, either contradicting my information or adding completely useless or incorrect info.

A lot of it has to do with poorly-formed queries. Asking "when do I plant?" doesn't provide enough information. Planting seasons are slightly variable and highly dependent on region and PLANT SPECIES. So of course the advice from my expert gardener friend was immediately countermanded by someone who had "planted from seeds as late as May"... Well, yes. If you are planting something that will do that. But if you are planting certain other things, you are now officially fucked. But who cares?

Maybe I'll go into Facebook and start posting the most ridiculous nonsense... Nah, I don't have time for that bullshit. It's better to remove my energy from the entire situation.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!