one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Thursday, September 14, 2006

there's only one show on TV

I had considered watching 'Grey's Anatomy' after everyone started raving about it but... the lead is named McDreamy. WHAT? Seriously, that is asinine. I haven't laughed so hard since I heard them say "Electric Nachos" in that craptastic 'Daredevil' movie...

There's only one show for me worth watching: 'Lost'

Great mythology, incredible characters (and acting), wonderful story arcs, and to top it off, some brilliant technical work (editing, sound, cinematography). It has the whole package. My wife and I talked about whether it would be better on something like HBO, so there were no commercials. But honestly, I like it without the vulgarity and whatnot. I mean, I'm all for vulgarity-- when appropriate. How are you going to take Tony Soprano seriously if he's saying "I'm gonna frig you up, you motherfather'in snigglebunny!"

But the constraints of network TV have really helped Lost IMHO.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!