one man's journey into creating gibblybits

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Approved!

Love Teller screens
Well, I haven't been approved. In fact, I haven't yet applied to be a proper developer yet with Apple. But, I did work with Philip Kirkham on an app that'll be in the store this Friday... We're very excited. It's topical too: The Love Teller, a throwback to the old Love Tester coin-op novelty machines.

Unfortunately someone else grabbed the original title "The Love Tester" just a few days before we could. We might rename it for another version update, but I'm compiling a list of upgrades for that, so it may be a few weeks...

I've made a little noise about marketing apps outside the store, and this will be a crash course in eating my own dog food. I don't have as much time as I'd like to get things ready, but I do hope we can get the app in front of our market: singles in bars with $.99 to spare.

And while Apple does have a "Valentine's Day Apps" page, I'm not expecting we'll get placement on there. Most of those apps have a unique twist -- either a social networking angle, contact management or image manipulation. Stuff that isn't easily replicated on other platforms.

Now if I could just convince some of my developer friends to make the jump to iPhone development!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is the blowhole of me, and should not represent the blowhole of any other whale, living, dead or publicly traded on the stock market. Enjoy!